Office of Certification and Accreditation
This resource is intended as a general guide, applicable to the majority of School Psychology Specialist candidates graduating in May 2018. If you have specific questions, please email the UD Teacher Certification Officer, Alyssa Truszkowski, at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to schedule an appointment: Alyssa’s Appointment Scheduling Page.
General overview of the institutional recommendation process:
Candidates earn institutional recommendation, aka complete their full program, for the area of School Psychology by graduating with their Ed.S.
- Candidates officially graduate on May 26, 2018.
- Prior to or around graduation, candidates should apply for certification or begin the application process for their desired state(s).
- Candidates can also request letters verifying institutional recommendation or Program Verification forms beginning now. Please request ” Any form or letter confirming institutional recommendation cannot be sent out until June 11th or later, when degrees officially post.
- Transcripts with conferred degrees post on June 11, 2018 from the UD Registrar’s Office.
- On June 11, 2018, candidates should check their UNOFFICIAL transcript in UDSIS to make sure they see their degree conferred date and their institutional recommendation stamp. Please note that test scores such as SAT scores do NOT appear on official copies of transcripts.
- If the degree and institutional recommendation(s) are posted, then you should order copies of your transcripts to be sent off for your teacher certification application(s).
- If your degree has not posted: look at your transcript and contact your faculty if you are missing or have not passed any course grades. Then contact the Registrar’s Office if there are outstanding issues.
- If your institutional recommendation has not posted but you’ve received a confirmation email from Alyssa Truszkowski, please email Alyssa at email@example.com.
Questions? Contact the UD Teacher Certification Officer.
Tel: (302) 831-2617
Schedule a phone or in-person appointment: https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=13193982
Applying for Certification Overview: https://www.teachered.udel.edu/certification/applying/
Informational Booklets for Certification (updated May 2018): https://www.teachered.udel.edu/certification/informational-booklets/
Certification Overview: https://www.teachered.udel.edu/certification/
Institutional Recommendation Overview: https://www.teachered.udel.edu/certification/institutional-recommendation/
Reciprocity FAQ: https://www.teachered.udel.edu/reciprocity-overview/
Program Verification Form Request: https://www.teachered.udel.edu/program-verification-form-request/